ProActive Chiropractic & Wellness offers sports physicals to all athletes. Physicals will be done on an appointment basis, except when indicated by the office for group physicals. An individual sports physical will take approximately 30 minutes. Group physicals will be set up by school on designated weekends prior to the school year.
The goals of a preparticipation sports physical can be summarized as follows:
- Determine that the athlete is in general good health.
- Assess the athlete's present fitness level.
- Detect conditions that predispose the athlete to new injuries.
- Evaluate any existing injuries of the athlete.
- Assess the size and developmental maturation of the athlete.
- Detect congenital anomalies that increase the athlete's risk of injury.
- Detect poor preparticipation conditioning that may put the athlete at increased risk.
For more information about Sports Physicals, contact ProActive Chiropractic & Wellness today!